Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Vegan Cheesecake

Hi, I got this recipe from a friend of mine and she is a keen Vegan Baker and this Christmas when her and her family came round they brought a few things with them and one of them was this amazing Biscoff Cheesecake. All the things in () those brackets are things that she's found and all the things in {} ,like usual, are mine. Enjoy!

IMPORTANT: All my photographs of food are now being taken by my younger sister as she is a aspiring photographer.



Dietary Info:
-Vegan
-Vegetarian
-No Dairy
-Contains Nuts
-Contains Gluten




It hops between grams and ounces as I’ve taken the base from a different recipe. (It’s much nicer than the rather worthy dates and nuts original)

Base:
200 g crushed Biscoff biscuits (accidentally vegan!) { I blitzed mine in my blender as they still had a few lumps in after I'd whacked them with the rolling pin.}
80 g vegan marge/butter {I used Vitalite spread}

Topping:
I cup cashews (soaked in boiling water, uncovered, for 2-3 hours) {About 175g}
I cup coconut cream (nb not creamed coconut and not coconut milk – Sainsbury’s sell this in small cartons near the coconut milk) {About 240ish ml} {In Tescos, they're in the Chinese/Indian Food section}
8 oz vegan cream cheese (Sainsbury’s own in the Free-from section perfect) {I used Arla Lacto-Free Soft Cheese}{200g}
1 tablespoon cornflour
I teaspoon vanilla essence
two thirds of a cup of maple syrup {80ml}
*1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
2 teaspoon lemon zest
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
A pinch of salt

*(don’t know whether you’ve bought this before. It’s expensive but you only use a bit and the rest can sit in your fridge for ages. To make it liquid, put the whole jar in a bowl of hot water till enough has melted. It can then solidify, back in the fridge and no harm done!)

Base
Mix the biscuits and the marge/butter above and press into 7 inch-ish cake tin. Bake at 200 degrees for ten minutes and remove. { I found that in my oven it only really needed from 5-7 mins}

Topping
The recipe says blend all of the ingredients. The key thing is to make sure the cashews are super-smooth, so I tend to blend them with the coconut cream and maple syrup (ie the more liquid elements) for a few minutes first, just to make sure they’re creamy, then all add the other ingredients. I use my Magimix.  Keep blending till all is creamy and then pour onto base and bake @ 175 degrees for 50 minutes.

I once used soft brown sugar when I discovered I’d run out of maple syrup and it was still nice. {This was the one that I tried!!} Try to use maple syrup as it’s extra caramel-y!

Comments

Popular Posts