Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Bangin Beef Stew

 Hi, this recipe is from Jamie Oliver's '5-ingredients' Cookbook on page 129. It was very quick and easy and delicious but next time I would add some stock instead of water and maybe some sweetcorn in and a bit more salt as the broth was a bit bland. Although, I didn't add any allspice because we don't have any. It would also be alright with some dumplings, I served this with some crackle topped wholemeal bread and butter and some boiled veg. It was very tasty! If you are vegetarian, I would suggest maybe using some tofu or chopped up veggi sausage. Additionally, there were a few extra ingredients than stated so it was 5 and a bit ingredients. Enjoy!!

Dietary Info:
-Gluten-Free (unless serving with bread, buy instead a gluten-free bread)
-Dairy-Free
-No Nuts
-Not Vegetarian (See first paragraphs for suggestions)
-Not Vegan (See first paragraph for suggestions)

Nutritional Info:
-Calories: 264kcal
-Fat: 9.2g
-Sat Fat: 2.8g
-Protein: 36g
-Carbs: 9.8g
-Sugar: 6.8g
-Salt: 0.8g
-Fibre: 3.6g

Serves: 4 (you'll need some bread or something with it as well)
Fast Prep: 9mins (Mine took a bit longer because I waited for the beef to be completely browned)
Slow Cook: 2 hours

Ingredients:
-4 mixed-colour peppers (I used 2 red and 2 green)
-1tsp heaped, allspice
-600g lean stewing beef (I used not-lean beef)
-10 fresh bay leaves (I used dried and took them out at the end)
-8 cloves garlic (I used 10)
Extra Ingredients:
-2tbsp red wine vinegar (I used balsamic vinegar)
-500ml water
-1tbsp olive oil (I used extra virgin)
-Salt & Pepper

Method:
1:
Preheat the oven to 160℃/140℃ fan/325℉/ Gas 3. Place a large shallow casserole pan on a high heat (Make sure you use one with a lid, I used a stewing pot). Deseed the peppers and chop into fingers, then place in the pan with 1tbsp olive oil (I used extra virgin), a pinch of sea salt and black pepper and the allspice. Chop the beef a similar size and stir into the pan with the bay. Crush in the unpeeled garlic through a garlic crusher and fry for 2mins, tossing regularly. (I forgot to fry the garlic as I put the water in first but it was alright)
2: Add 2tbsp red wine vinegar (I used balsamic vinegar) and 500ml water to the pan. Cover, then cook in the oven for 2hours, or until dark and sticky, (mine was just a bit watery). Loosen with a splash of water, if needed, mix up, taste, season and serve.


Comments

Popular Posts