Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Rice Flour Pizza Base

Hi, this recipe is from Food for Net

I actually ended up using half wheat/plain flour and half rice flour as I didn't have as much rice flour as I thought I did! But it still worked fine regardless. You could substitute any flour really into this dough recipe, I think it would be alright.

Also, the pizza base is Vegan, Gluten Free and Dairy Free so is suitable for (nearly) all diets, just make sure you keep all your toppings suitable too!

And if you were stuck for ideas:

Proteins: salami, ham, sausage, mince meat, tofu, chicken, chickpeas, seitan, quorn, bacon, beef, anchovies

Cheese: cheddar, mozzarella, blue cheeses, red leicester, cheese alternatives

Vegetables: mushrooms, sweetcorn, peppers, olives, parsnips, rocket, spinach

Base: BBQ sauce, tomato puree, tomato passata, a tomato-based pasta sauce

You could make a stuffed crust by placing filling around the circumference (edge) of the pizza circle and folding the dough over the top, working from the outside in. (See video, from one minute - you don't have to use cheese strings, any cheese or filling e.g. sausages would work too!)

Enjoy!

Hazel :)


Dietary Info:

-Gluten Free

-Suitable for Vegans (use Vegan toppings)

-Suitable for Vegetarians (use Vegetarian toppings)

-No Nuts

-Dairy Free (use Dairy-Free toppings)

-Main Meal (once topped)




***


***



Prep Time: 1 hour

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes

Servings: 1 12-inch Pizza


Ingredients:

For the Rice Flour Pizza Dough:

-2 Cups White Rice Flour {I unfortunately ran out of rice flour so had to do half and half rice flour to plain flour.}

-2.25 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast {I used 1 x 7g sachet.} 

-1 Tablespoon Sugar

-1/4 Cup olive oil 

-1 Teaspoon Salt

-1/2-1 Cup Warm Water (as needed) {I used 1/2 cup of warm water, plus maybe 1tbsp to bring it together.}

-1 Piece Egg {This was not needed. If you choose to add this / your dough is dry enough to need it, I would suggest whisking it before adding.}


Method:

1: Bloom the yeast in a bowl together with warm water, salt, and sugar. {I used 1/2 cup of water.}

2: Sift the rice flour into a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the egg and olive oil. {I would add the water and yeast mixture first as it is important that you have all of the yeast. Then, add the extra liquid as required.}

3: Pour in the active yeast mixture and work the flour into the wet ingredients.

4: Turn the dough onto a floured working surface. Knead until smooth and elastic. {My dough wasn't particularly elastic, I think this is because of the rice flour, it was more like play dough texture.}

5: Place the ball of dough into a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a damp kitchen towel and leave to rise for an hour. {I was quite busy the day I made this so it was left raising for about 2 hours! It was still fine, so don't worry too much, especially as it is a flat bread (ie the rise will not be affected).}

6: Set the risen dough into a lightly floured pizza pan. Flatten out evenly with a rolling pin. {I rolled out on a floured work surface into a round-ish shape, then put it on a baking tray - I do not have a pizza pan.}

7: Brush the top of the pizza crust with a little olive oil.

8: Bake at 200℃ / 400℉ / 180℃ fan / gas 6 for 10 minutes.

9: Add any desired toppings {I did tomato puree, cheese, mushrooms, olives, tomatoes and ham}.

11: Bake at 200℃ / 400℉ / 180℃ fan / gas 6 for 10 - 12 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts