Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Cheese and Pear Tarts

These tarts were found in a Tesco magazine and we'd cut out the recipe and decided to use it. They were very nice and definitely something to make again but we thought it needed a stronger cheese, maybe a Stilton/Gorgonzola...If you do make them with a  different cheese, comment down below to tell me and others how it went and maybe someone else will do it.

Dietary Info:
-Contains Dairy (Cheese, Egg/Milk wash)
-Gluten free (I would double check what cheese you use as some have gluten and others don't)
-No Nuts
-Vegetarian
-Not Vegan



Ingredients:
-320g pack Tesco Finest all-butter puff pastry, chilled {I'm sure any puff pastry would work}
-2 firm ripe Conference pears, cored and thinly sliced {I used normal pears}
-120g Manchego, rind removed, thinly sliced
-7g fresh thyme, leaves picked {I just used dried mixed herbs}
-2 tbsp clear honey
-1 egg, beaten or a little milk {I used milk}

Method:
1:Preheat the oven to gas7,220℃, fan 200℃, 428℉. Unroll the pastry then cut into 6 squares. Transfer to a bkaing tray lined with non-stick baking paper, spaced well apart.{My pastry came on a sheet when I rolled it out}Lightly score a 1cm {Or around a cm mine weren't exact}, then prick the centres all over with a fork. Chill for at least 20 mins , or up to 3 hrs ahead.
2:Arrange a few pear slices in the centre of each tart , then slot a few slices of Manchego between them. Scatter over with Thyme {Or whatever you're using}, season {I didn't} then drizzle each with 1/2 tsp honey {I just got a spoon and drizzled}. Lightly brush the borders with egg or milk.
3:Bake for 15-20mins until the pastry is crisp and golden and the base is cooked through. Leave to cool for 5mins, {I left mine for longer as I went swimming}, then drizzle each with more honey {I didn't do that} then serve.






















 

Comments

Popular Posts