Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Farfalle with Beet Pesto for Valentine's day

Hi this recipe was found after I was looking around for a scrumptious Valentines Dinner for my family and I. It was very nice but next time, I would add more walnuts as the lemon and garlic were quite overpowering but with cheese or nutritional yeast if you wanted to keep it Vegan, it was very nice.  Click the link below, for the original recipe. Hope you enjoy...
Original Recipe

Dietary Info:
-Suitable for Vegans
-Suitable for Vegetarians
-Contains Gluten
{Depending on the pasta}
-No Dairy
-Contains Nuts
-Main Course




Ingredients:
-1 lb/450 g farfalle {I did about 300g}
-2 beets, boiled or roasted {I brought a pack of 4 pre-cooked in a vacuum packet from Tesco and I onky used 2 though. But, I will use the other two in my Beetroot Risotto which I will blog later this week}
-1/2 cup walnuts {40g but next time, I would use 50g or 3/4 cup}
-1/2 lemon {Juiced}
-2 cloves garlic (optional) {Peeled and roughly chopped, so that the blener can blend it easier}
-2 tbsp olive oil {I used Extra Virgin}
-1 tsp salt
-1/3 tsp pepper

Method:
1: First, fill a large pot with water and place over high heat. Bring water to a boil, add pasta, reduce heat to medium-low and cook according to the package instructions. Drain.
2: Meanwhile, make a sauce. For the beet pesto you will need: {Basically, all the rest of the ingredients}
- 1 large or 2 small beets, preliminary boiled or roasted.
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled (optional)
- 1/2 cup of walnuts {Or 40g}
- 2.5-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt and 1/3 tsp of pepper. 
3: Place the walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper into a blender jar. Process.
4: Add the beets. If your blender is not very powerful, cut the beets into smaller parts first. Process until smooth. {If the pasta is not done by this point, put the pesto in the fridge until the pasta is done}
5: {I also cooked some peas to serve with it. Place however many frozen peas you want into a small saucepan. Pour boiled water over the peas and bring to the boil on the hob over a medium heat. Serve, with the pasta and pesto. }
6: Toss the sauce and pasta together. I garnish this pasta dish with chopped green onions and sprinkle with some nutritional yeast for cheese flavour.{Or cheddar cheese, if you prefer}

Comments

Popular Posts