Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Paula's 'Pasta Please' Weekday Winner

Hi, I got this recipe off of a Tesco recipe card that I picked up while I was in the shop. I served it with some crusty bread for one of my dads friends from work ; she really enjoyed it. There were some leftovers , which I took for my packed lunch the next day in a box, cold but you could easily take it in a flask if you prefer hot food or if where you eat has a microwave. If reheating at home, just put in a saucepan. I hope you enjoy as much as us.....

 Dietary Info:
-Contains Dairy {Cheese }

-Contains Gluten {Pasta and check the sausages as it may contain wheat}
-No Nuts
-Unsuitable for Vegetarians/Vegan
-Potentially 3 of your 5 day depending on quantities


Each Serving Contains:
Energy: 2539kj 601kcal - 30%
Fat: 18g - 25% (Orange)
Saturates: 5g - 25% (Green)
Sugars: 14g - 16% (Green)
Salt: 1.7g - 29% (Orange)






 TIP: Use any combination of veg that your family loves; sweetcorn or mushrooms would work well.

Serves 4 {I think it probably serves 6}
Takes:50mins - cook time {20ish mins prep}

Ingredients:
-8-pack Richmond Chicken Sausages {I'm sure any will do, but these were very nice}
-2 yellow peppers, sliced {Any colour would be fine but I think that yellow is a bit sweeter than green but a bit tarter than red....personally}
-1tbsp olive oil {I used Extra Virgin}
-15g golden breadcrumbs
-20g of grated pecorino {I used Cheddar cheese}
-2 garlic cloves, crushed {I finely chopped them}
-400g of plum tomatoes {I used a tin}
-300g of spaghetti
-100g of frozen peas, blanched {I also added 100g of frozen sweetcorn}
-100g of baby spinach
-15g of fresh basil {I sprinkled some dried on top}

Method:
1: Preheat the oven to gas 6/200℃/180℃ fan/400℉. Put the chicken sausages and peppers onto a baking tray, drizzle with 1/2tbsp olive oil and roast for 20-25mins, turning once. {If they cook before you are ready, turn the oven off and cover the peppers and sausages in tin foil and place back in the turned off oven to keep warm.}
2: Mix the breadcrumbs and pecorino in a small bowl. {Or any preferred cheese}. Tip onto a small lined baking tray and cook in the oven for 5mins, stirring halfway {2 and a half mins/ 2mins 30 seconds in}. Remove from the oven and set aside.

3: Heat 1/2tbsp oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic and fry for 1-2mins. Add the tomatoes and 200ml water; season with salt and black pepper. Simmer for 20mins.
4: Meanwhile, cook the pasta to pack the instructions.
5: Remove the sausages from the oven and slice {into small but chunky slices}. Stir through the peas, spinach {and if adding, sweetcorn} and basil through the tomato sauce until heated through, then add the sausages and peppers {Make sure to cut the peppers into small pieces} and pasta. Scatter with the cheesy breadcrumbs to serve. {Add the basil on top as well}.

Comments

Popular Posts