Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Sag Paneer and Pea Frittata

This recipe is from the Guardian's Feast Magazine, Issue 164 from Saturday 6th March on page 13. It can also be accessed online here. This recipe was in a special collaboration with the MOB Kitchen, who you can find online here. This frittata was so tasty, the spices in it made it taste amazing, it definitely would have been lacking in flavour without it. Also, I think using smoked tofu in place of the paneer made it even more flavourful as the smoky-ness was threaded throughout. I am sure this would be amazing hot, but I have started taking it to school cold in a lunchbox with a little pot of sriracha on the side, as my main dinner, I have also had a yogurt and an apple afterwards. I think this would also be nice in a pastry case, like a quiche or on a sandwich/wrap/pitta bread or even with rice as well. This time, I have run low on suggestions on how to make it Vegan , as I cannot think of a suitable egg replacement, if you know of one, let me know and I can add it into my post. Enjoy!

Prep: 3 min
Cook: 9 min
Serves: 4

Dietary Info:
-Vegetarian
-Unsuitable for Vegans {See my Contains Dairy section}
-Contains Nuts {Use a different oil, such as olive oil}
-Gluten Free
-Contains Dairy {You could switch the paneer for a meat e.g chicken, beef, lamb, pork, goat, all of which can be minced, diced or shredded. If Vegan or Vegetarian, you could substitute for a plant based option: lentils, chickpeas, potatoes (put a Spanish omelette twist on it), cooked pasta, tofu, seitan, tempeh, Quorn or whatever you please} 
-Main Meal

Ingredients:
-Neutral oil, such as groundnut {I used groundnut oil but things like olive, vegetable or sunflower oil would work well too}
-1tbsp curry powder {I used Tesco mild curry powder}
-2tsp cumin seeds {I used Tesco ground cumin}
-2tsp dried chilli flakes {I used Tesco Hot chilli}
-225g paneer block {I used Smoked Tofu in place}
-200g baby leaf spinach
-150g frozen peas
-8 large eggs
-Salt and black pepper
To serve
-Mango chutney
-Hot sauce {Such as sriracha, I used a Vegan Tesco one}

Method:
1:Heat the grill to its highest setting. Set a large, ovenproof frying pan over a high heat, drizzle in the oil, then add the curry powder, cumin and chilli flakes. Coarsely grate the paneer straight into the pan (this saves so much time) and fry, stirring, for 30 seconds, to coat the cheese in the spices. {I chopped my tofu into chunks as, personally, it was easier to chop in advance and then dump into the frying pan all at once rather than have the pieces I grated into the pan cooking faster than those that had just gone in. Essentially, chopping, or grating, in advance, ensures a more even cook between the pieces}
2:Tip in the spinach and peas and, while the spinach is wilting, {I had to add a lid to my frying pan to make the spinach wilt. Also, there was so much spinach that I had to do it in two batches: wilt 100g then wilt the next 100g} crack the eggs into a jug, whisk and season.
3:Give everything in the pan a good stir, season, then pour in the eggs and swirl the pan to level them out. Fry for two minutes without stirring, then whack under the hot grill for five minutes, until cooked through. Serve at the table out of the pan with mango chutney and hot sauce.

While you're here, I have a Pinterest for all my recipes where you can save them to boards for the future and categorise them into different types of recipe e.g Sunday Dinners, picnic ideas etc. My account is @hazellikestocook, or find the link below. Also, I have a whole blog post explaining this in more detail here and https://hazelscookingandbakingblog.blogspot.com/2021/02/pinterest.html. 
https://pin.it/5xDvARk - my profile

This recipe: https://pin.it/71QyM36

Comments

Popular Posts