Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Tofu Noodle Salad

Hi, this recipe is from the Tesco Food Website and you can find the original recipe and nutritional information here. It makes a tasty packed lunch and dinner/tea for the family. This recipe was delicious, admittedly I have only tried it when cold, but, it was really tasty then. I especially loved the soy dressing for it, I thought the ginger added a delicious kick to it and the honey added a slight sweetness to it and kept the pasta from sticking together when put in a lunch box and not stirred. In the future, I will definitely be using the dressing for other noodle dishes and also to marinate meats and/or tofu, seitan etc... I think using extra broccoli was a good idea as it added a change of texture from the soft spaghetti and crisp tofu. You can definitely change the veg to whatever you like best/ have in the fridge at the moment, some good ideas may be: carrots, chopped into batons, any variety would work fine, sweetcorn, you could do baby corn or loose corn e.g frozen or from a tin, different variety of broccoli e.g purple sprouting broccoli, ordinary broccoli, bean sprouts, sugar snap peas and even things like squash, spouts and aubergine. As well as this, you could substitute the tofu for a meat, some pulses e.g lentils or chickpeas, breaded fish/chicken/meat-replacement, really whatever floats your boat. Finally, of course you can switch the soba noodles for other noodles or carbohydrates: ANY pasta (G-F would be fine too): chickpea, tagliatelle, penne, shells, twists, ANY rice: white, brown, black, wild egg-fried etc., ANY noodles: buckwheat, egg, ramen, udon, You could even serve it as a sort of burrito, with rice and a wrap, or just a wrap. Enjoy!


Dietary Info:

-Vegan
-Vegetarian
-Contains Gluten (soba noodles made entirely from Buckwheat flour are G-F but, it is more common for them to have added wheat flour. So, if you are allergic or not eating gluten for another reason, you may want to check what you are buying/eating. Also, double check your tofu for cross-contamination.)
-No nuts
-Dairy-Free
-Main Meal

Ingredients:
-3tbsp Low-Salt Soy Sauce {I used normal salted soy sayce}
-2tsp Clear honey
-1/2tsp Fresh Ginger, finely grated {I used 1/2tsp dried ginger}
-200g Dried Soba Noodles {They didn't have any in where I shop, so I used spaghetti instead}
-125g Tenderstem broccoli {I used a bit extra, I think it was a 200g packet}
-200g Firm Smoked Tofu, drained {I used a 225g packet, it made no difference}
-1/2tbsp Vegetable Oil {I used extra virgin olive oil}
-Sesame Oil (optional) {I didn't add this, the soy dressing was enough}

Method:
1:In a small jug, combine the soy sauce, honey and ginger. Set aside until needed.
2:Prepare the noodles following the packet instructions. Drain, and then rinse with cold water. Cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling, salted water for 3-5 mins, until just tender. Drain and rinse under with cold water. Transfer the noodles and broccoli to a serving dish and pour over the dressing. Toss to coat. {I stirred mine together with a wooden spoon, because the tossing didn't coat all of them}
3:Slice the tofu into 1cm strips and then brush with the oil. Griddle in a hot griddle pan {I used a frying pan and fried either side for about 5mins each} for 2-3 mins on each side, until golden. Arrange over the noodles and drizzle with a little sesame oil, if you like. Serve. 

While you're here, I would really appreciate it if you had a look at my pinterest, all of the recipes from my blog are there and you cna create fun boards and collections of your fave recipes and ones you want to try, click HERE or copy and paste the link below into your browser. Also, I have a whole post explaining how to create an account on Pinterest, if you are unsure, click HERE to find out more.

https://pin.it/2j9c6UB

Comments

Popular Posts