Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Middle Eastern-Inspired Chicken with Green Beans

Hi, this is my final recipe in the Tesco's Let's Cook Review, 4/4 complete! Next, I will write up the final review and get that out soon. The original recipe is found here and in bold below. 

I quite liked this recipe, I thought that the chicken was cooked nicely and the parmentier potatoes are a great discovery, although I couldn't follow the Let's Cook recipe to the 't' because in Tesco they were out of stock of parmentier potatoes. But, this did mean I got to make my own, and I can say that they were delicious. (Recipe here

In the recipe, it states the cooking times as being quite fast for the chicken and mine took longer than this because of the thickness of the breasts. If you are low on time, bash the chicken with a rolling pin to flatten it (schnitzel-style) as a thinner cut of meat will cook faster. Also, I cooked my chicken on a baking tray (with a lipped side) because, as I was making my own potatoes they had to be cooked separately. So, this may be why mine took longer to cook. 

As well as this, I enjoyed the little bits and pieces sprinkled on top of the chicken, especially the pomegranates so would suggest you try them out. Next time, I would lightly toast the almonds first.

Enjoy!

Hazel :)



**

**



Dietary Info:

-May contain nuts

{Either serve without the flaked almonds, or use some seeds (if tolerated) sprinkled on top e.g. sunflower or pumpkin.}

-Gluten - Free

-Contains Dairy

{In the Parmentier potatoes that Tesco sells, there is butter. So, if you can find another brand use those, or make your own. I made my own using the recipe on my blog, here.}

-Unsuitable for Vegetarians

{In place of the chicken, you could season some slices of tofu with the spices and pan fry it instead. Or you could use some dried/tinned pulses. Make sure to soak before hand if using dried.}

-Unsuitable for Vegans

{See above 2 points.}

-1 of your 5-a-day

-High in protein



Serves: 2 {I doubled for 4.}

Takes: 20 mins


Ingredients:

-2 small chicken breast fillets

-1tbsp baharat seasoning {I left this out as it is a combination of: black pepper, cardamom, cloves, cumin, nutmeg, coriander and paprika, and we are already adding cumin and paprika later.}

-2tsp smoked paprika

-1tsp ground cumin

-1+1/2tbsp vegetable oil {I used extra virgin olive oil.}

-400g pack parmentier potatoes {Or use this recipe.}

-200g pack fine beans, topped

Finishing touches (optional):

-chopped fresh coriander {I left these out.}

-pomegranate seeds

-flaked almonds


Method:

1: Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200°C / fan 180°C / 390℉. In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the baharat seasoning, paprika, cumin and a pinch of salt. Add  1/2tbsp oil and mix well to coat evenly. {Use your hands to really rub in the seasoning to the chicken, you could leave this to marinate overnight, or for a few hours, in the fridge if you wanted to get ahead/add more flavour.}

2: In a casserole dish or ovenproof heavy-based pan {Because I was baking my parmentier potatoes separately, I just used a wide frying pan for this.} with a lid, heat 1 tbsp oil over a medium-high heat. Fry the chicken, uncovered, for 2 mins each side. Stir through the potatoes and fry for 5 mins. {Ignore this sentence if making your own potatoes, they will already be in the oven.} Add a splash of water and cover with the lid. Transfer to the oven for 10 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.

3: Meanwhile, blanch the beans in boiling water for 1-2 mins {I did mine for around 5mins.} until just tender, then drain. Serve with the chicken and potatoes. Scatter with coriander, pomegranate seeds and flaked almonds, if you like.


- DRINK PAIRING Try with Tesco Finest Pinot Grigio Blush – its zing will cut through the richness of the chicken and potatoes.

-CHEF'S TIP Scatter over a handful of pomegranate seeds for an extra burst of vibrant flavour and colour.


While you're here...

I have a Pinterest for all my recipes, where you can save them to boards for the future and categorise them into different types of recipe e.g Sunday Dinners, picnic ideas etc. My account is @hazellikestocook, or find the link below. Also, I have a whole blog post explaining this in more detail here and https://hazelscookingandbakingblog.blogspot.com/2021/02/pinterest.html. 

https://pin.it/5xDvARk - my profile

This recipe:

https://pin.it/3PYZXOa

Comments

Popular Posts