Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

My Sisters Sausage Bake

Hi, this recipe was in my Mums recipe book and my sister made it for tea for us. I have her here next to me to tell me if she did anything differently and I will put it in using my usual edited in brackets {}. I can assure you that it is very delicious and also filling. We even had leftovers.Also, to find my other recipes just keep clicking on older posts as then you will see all of them.


Dietary Info;
-Contains Dairy
-Gluten-Free (We think)
-Not suitable for vegans/vegetarians
-No nuts

Ingredients:
-1 pack of 12 sausages {She thinks, well she said a normal pack from Tesco if that helps}
-2 Bull Tomatoes
-A few squirts of Tomato Puree
-1 onion
-1 cube OXOs
-Salt&Pepper
-A sprinkle mixed herbs/oregano

Method:
1:Line the dish with slices of cooked sausages.
2:Cover with chopped tomatoes and fried onions.
3:Cover with stock-thickened with Tomato Puree.Season the stock with Oregano/Mixed herbs and salt&pepper.
4:Cover with Mashed Potato*
5:Bake for 20minutes.Serve immediately.




 *Jamie Oliver's How to make Mash:
You’ll need:
2kg Maris Piper potatoes
50g unsalted butter
100ml milk

1. Peel the potatoes, chopping any larger ones so they’re all a similar size. 2. Cook in a large pan of boiling salted water over a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender. 3. Drain in a colander and leave to steam dry for a couple of minutes, then tip back into the pan and mash well. 4. When the potatoes are almost smooth, add half the butter, the milk and a good pinch of sea salt and black pepper. 5. Mash again until smooth, adding a splash more milk to loosen, if needed, then taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed. 6. Spoon into a warm serving dish and dot the remaining butter over the top.







 




Comments

Popular Posts