Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Amazing Kit-Kat Cake For Mother's Day

Hi, I have been planning this cake for a while and can't wait to share it with you as I had to wait until mother's day to do it. Sadly, I didn't get to try any as I have given up chocolate for Lent {A Christian Religious Festival} which ends on Easter Sunday but all my family enjoyed it so it was fine. I got inspiration from Yolanda Gampp on YouTube at Here and her main Chanel Here. But the actual video I used was Here I didn't follow it step for step as I only made 1 tier and I mixed up the flavours a bit. I used her Orange Velvet Cake Recipe and her Spiced Orange Simple Syrup. As well as this, I used a pre-brought Vanillas Buttercream but I made my own chocolate one Hope you enjoy.....



















For the: Orange Velvet Cake

 Dietary Info:
- Not Vegan

- Vegetarian

- Contains Dairy

- No Nuts

- Contains Gluten






Ingredients:
-3/4 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature {170g and as I don't have an electric whisk I chopped it up into cubes to make the creaming a bit easier}
-1/4 cup Vegetable Oil {3tbsp}
-1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla {I wanted an Orange Flavour so I used This One}
-2 1/4 cups Sugar {I used normal Granulated sugar} {267g}
-3 Eggs, at room temperature
-3 cups Flour {I used Plain Flour} {375g}
-1 Tablespoon Cocoa 
-1/2 teaspoon Salt 
-1 1/2 cups Buttermilk {355ml}
-1 1/2 teaspoons Cider Vinegar 
-1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda 
-1 teaspoon Orange gel colour

Method:
1:Preheat oven to 350℉/180℃/160℃ Fan/Gas 4. Line the bottom of your pan with parchment paper. {For this cake, you don't need to grease the sides of the pan just draw a circle on the baking paper and cut it out and place at the bottom of your tin}

2:Place butter, oil, sugar and vanilla in bowl of an electric mixer and beat at medium speed until well-blended. {This will take about 15mins if doing by hand} About 5 minutes. Meanwhile whisk flour, cocoa and salt into a bowl and set aside.
3:Beat in eggs one at a time. {Into the butter mixture} With machine on low, add orange gel food colouring. {Or just mix it in with the wooden spoon}
4:Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk.
5:Place baking soda in a small dish, stir in vinegar and add to batter with machine running. Beat for 10 seconds.
6:Pour your batter into prepared pan, place in oven and bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let cool completely in pan. {Try to use a loose-bottomed cake tin as it comes out of the tin easier}


For the chocolate buttercream:

 

 Dietary Info:
-Contains Diary
-Gluten-Free
-Unsuitable for Vegans
-Suitable for Vegetarians
-No Nuts










Ingredients:
-50g/1¾oz good-quality dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids) {I used Tesco Dark Chocolate Orange Bar}
-100g/3½oz unsalted butter, softened
-200g/7oz icing sugar {I only has 100g left!!}
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-milk, to loosen {I didn't need it}

Method:
1:Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. (Do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the surface of the water.) Allow to cool until the chocolate no longer feels hot to the touch.
2:Beat the butter in a bowl until soft, {May take a while} then gradually beat in the icing sugar. Add the vanilla extract and beat again.
3:Fold in the melted chocolate until completely incorporated (add a few drops of milk if the mixture is a little stiff).
4:This icing can be kept in the fridge for a few days. Bring to room temperature and beat again until smooth before icing your cake.

For the filling:  {I made this up myself}
 


 Dietary Info:
 -Gluten_free
 -Contains Dairy
 -Contains Nuts
 -Unsuitable for Vegans
 -Suitable for Vegetarians








Ingredients:
- Dr Oetker Vanilla icing about 2/3 of a tub
- Candied peel
- A few slices of Terry's chocolate orange
- Flaked almonds


Method:
1: First, bring the icing to room temperature, if it has been stored in the fridge
2: Finely chop the chocolate orange and add to the icing. Stir in the candied peel and flaked almonds as well.
3: Mix altogether
4: Enjoy!

For the simple syrup:

Dietary Info:
 -Vegan
 -Vegetarian
 -No Gluten
- No Nuts
Ingredients:
-1 cup sugar {200g}
-1/2 cup fresh squeezed Orange Juice {115ml}
-1/2 cup water {115ml}
-1 small cinnamon stick (about 3” length)
-orange peel slices (optional) {I used candied peel}
Method:
1:Bring all of your ingredients to a boil in a saucepan {Medium size} over high heat
2:Let your mixture cool completely before straining through a fine sieve
3:Pour your mixture into a simple syrup bottle {I made my own HERE }


PUT IT TOGETHER:
{You need to pre-bake the cakes and simple syrup to follow the instructions correctly as I have only said when to make the buttercreams}

1: First, level all your cakes at the top and remove caramelisation from the sides. You can do this by placing your cake tin on top of the cake and cutting around it so that it stays a circle. Then, cut each in half so you have 4 cakes
2: Place all of your cake halves on separate plates and squeeze your syrup all over your cakes.Meanwhile, make the buttercream {The vanilla one}
3: Next, put the bottom layer of your cake onto a lazy susan or a plate. Now put a blob of icing in the middle of that cake and spread out. Repeat with the next layer but do not put vanilla buttercream on the very top layer as that will get covered in chocolate icing. Move to the fridge for about an 1hr.
4: After about 45mins, make the chocolate buttercream. Once done, completely cover the sides and top of cake. If melting a bit, put in the fridge to firm up.
5: Melt some chocolate, I used 50g Of Tesco Dark Chocolate Orange Bar.
6: Arrange all of your Kit-Kats around the edge glueing them on with the melted chocolate.


Comments

Popular Posts