Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

One Pan Gnocchi and Sweet Potato Bake

Hi, this recipe is from Abbey's Kitchen, which is a blog full of recipes and advice around nutrition, it is very interesting and I would definitely recommend you have a look, if you enjoy learning about food. Abbey Sharp, who runs Abbey's Kitchen, also has a YouTube channel, I like watching her as she has good recipes and she reviews other peoples diets and suggests ways in which to make them more suited to what they do each day or explain why what they're doing is so good. This recipe for a one pan gnocchi bake was super simple to make and kept really well in the fridge. I made this for my dinners/lunches during the week and I ate it cold some days, like a salad, which was super yummy but it was also really good hot too. As well as this, I discovered how much I like pistachios. While making this, I would shell a pistachio then eat one, shell another, eat another. 🤣 Well, it was a very nice dish and super simple to make. You can switch up the vegetables depending on what you have and/or what is in season and you can, if not allergic, switch up what nuts you top it with. This combination of vegetables could also be nice roasted, without the gnocchi and just mixed through cooked pasta as well. Finally, in the comments of the the original recipe, someone had added salami to the dish, which I think sounds really good, some other ideas of extra foods to add would be: pulses (lentils, chickpeas, beans), sausage (veggie or meat), tofu, hams, feta, haloumi and anything else you desire! Enjoy!!

Serves: 4 or 6-8 as a side
Prep: 10mins {It took me closer to 15-20mins}
Cook: 20mins {Mine cooked for a bit longer}

Dietary Info:
-Dairy-Free {If using vegan gnocchi}
-Vegan {If using vegan gnocchi}
-Suitable for Vegetarians
-Contains Gluten {It is possible to purchase Gluten Free gnocchi though}
-Contains Nuts {To make this nut-free, skip the pistachios and/or replace them with croutons for the crunch}


Nutritional Info from abbey's kitchen, see link above, for 1/4 serving of dish





Ingredients:
-1 pack vegan prepared gnocchi { I didn't use vegan gnocchi as I am not vegan, instead I used Di Martino's mini gnocchi.}{It was a 500g packet}
-1/2 head radicchio {In England, it is known as Italian chicory, but in Tesco's, where we shop they didn't have any, so I used a 270g of Chicory.}
-1+1/2 cups brussels sprouts trimmed and halved {This is 15 sprouts after being trimmed and halved}
-1 sweet potato scrubbed and finely diced {I left the skin on for extra fibre and vitamins}
-3tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
-1 lemon thinly sliced, plus zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, divided {I only had one lemon, so I skipped the extra zest and juice}
-2 tbsp fresh rosemary minced plus 3 sprigs {I just sprinkled some dried atop before putting it in the oven}
-1/4 cup crushed pistachios {This is about 30g when shelled}
-3-4 tbsp nutritional yeast or to taste {I didn't use this, as it was already in my gnocchi}
-Salt and pepper to taste
-Fleur de sel {This is just flaky sea salt}

Method:
1:Preheat oven to 450℉/230℃/210℃ fan/ Gas 8.
2:On a large baking sheet, mix together the gnocchi, raddichio, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, lemon slices and minced rosemary.
3:Drizzle generously with the 3 tbsp olive oil and season with a pinch each of salt and pepper.
4:Top with lemon zest and rosemary sprigs. Bake for 15 minutes, then flip or stir the ingredients. {I baked mine for slightly over 20mins as the sweet potatoes were taking a bit longer to cook}
5:Increase the heat to broil and pop it back under the broiler until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes. {We don't have a broiler, so mine wasn't broiled}
6:Remove from the oven and top with nutritional yeast to taste, fleur de sel, the juice of 1/2 lemon, and pistachios. Drizzle generously with olive oil and enjoy. {I turned the oven off, but left the pan in for about 10mins, just to crisp up the edges and soften some of the veg a bit more}

Comments

Popular Posts