Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Nepalese Roasted Tomato Chutney

 This recipe is from BBC GoodFood May 2021 magazine page 136. It is part of a recipe for chicken momos and chutney, but I have just taken the chutney section out. This is because we had some chillies to use up in the fridge and my mum remembered that I had a made a chilli and tomato chutney in the past and it was really nice. So, I decided to make another but with a new recipe! This chutney was delicious! It wasn't overly spicy and was so nice, I tried a spoonful after I had blitzed it and that was spicy but it was still amazing. I love the texture that the sesame seeds added into it as well. It goes really well with bread (crusty, sandwiches, pittas, baguettes and wraps), you could add a couple of tbsp into a tomato sauce and it would add a nice kick. It is nice with cheese and crackers too. Also, you could use it as a curry paste in recipes, as a sriracha-type sauce e.g. on tacos, hot dogs, enchiladas or burritos. There's so much you could do! Enjoy!


Dietary Info:
-Suitable for Vegans
-Suitable for Vegetarians
-Dairy-Free
-Gluten-Free
-No Nuts

Time: 20mins (+ cooling)

Ingredients:

-2tbsp vegetable oil {I used extra virgin olive oil}

-1/2tbsp fenugreek seeds {I used ground fenugreek}

-1/2tbsp black pepper {mine was ground black pepper, not kernels}

-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 

-2.5cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped

-2-4 red or green chillies, quartered {I had 1 red chilli and 2 green}

-1/2tsp coriander powder

-1/2tsp cumin powder

-1/2tsp garam masala

-1/2tsp ground turmeric

-500g tomatoes, finely chopped {I used big tomatoes, which I chopped up, but I think that if you wanted to use smaller varieties e.g. plum, cherry, etc... then you could get away with not chopping them. Just cover your pan with a lid and the skin will shrink back}

-3tbsp toasted sesame seeds

-1tbsp finely chopped coriander

-squeeze of lemon or lime juice


Method:

1: First, heat the oil in a non-stick pan over a medium-high heat, until smoking. Tip in the fenugreek seeds and pepper. Fry for about 20 seconds, being careful not to let them catch. Add the garlic ginger and chillies, and cook for 30seconds.  {I cooked for a bit longer as I was measuring out the spices into a bowl and mixing them with water. So, it was more like 5mins for me} Mix the spices with a little water,  {it makes something like a curry paste} add to the pan and cook for 1-2mins more. Add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt and cook until the tomatoes have softened, {Speed this up by covering the pan with a lid} about 5mins. Set aside to cool.

2: Blitz the chutney to a puree using a hand blender. Stir in the sesame seeds, coriander and lemon/lime juice.

While you're here, I have a Pinterest for all my recipes where you can save them to boards for the future and categorise them into different types of recipe e.g Sunday Dinners, picnic ideas etc. My account is @hazellikestocook, or find the link below. Also, I have a whole blog post explaining this in more detail here and https://hazelscookingandbakingblog.blogspot.com/2021/02/pinterest.html. 
https://pin.it/5xDvARk - my profile

This recipe:

https://pin.it/2pZ6vM6

Comments

Popular Posts