Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Turkey Meatball Laska

Hi, this recipe is from Tesco's May 2021 magazine page 23, alternatively it can be accessed online too. It was really fun to make and actually pretty easy. Personally, I enjoyed the fresh ginger in the meatballs as it added a nice extra flavour and spice. As well as this, the meatballs only required 4 ingredients to make, all of which could have been left out (bar the turkey) or substituted for something else, I think that chicken meatballs would have been nice here too. I managed to make 16 meatballs, so everyone got 4, but there's only 3 in the picture as one is beneath the noodles, as I used it to check if they were cooked all the way through: there should be no pink bits in the mince at all. These would be great fun to make with friends and family as they are hands on at the beginning but once everything is boiling, it is relaxing and easy just to dish up. Enjoy!

Dietary Info:
-Contains Gluten {In place of noodles, use a gluten-free pasta such as chickpea pasta. Or serve the broth with gluten-free bread and meatballs}
-No Nuts
-Dairy-Free
-Unsuitable for Vegans / Vegetarians
{Use a vegetable stock cube. In place of the turkey, use chickpeas and boil them in the broth, so it is more like a soup. Or, add fried tofu to the noodles. Alternatively, chop up some veggie 'sausages' or use veggie 'meatballs' directly in place of the meat. Lastly, you could find a veggie mince and use that in place of the turkey mince.}

Serves 4

Time: 25mins {I would say more like 45}

Freeze Meatballs Only

Ingredients:

-500g pack turkey breast mince {I used turkey thigh mince and it worked fine. Alternatively, you could use whatever mince you have available / prefer or use shop brought meatballs}

-3cm piece ginger, peeled and grated

-15g fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to serve {I chopped up the stems an added them as well}

-1 lime, ½ zested and juiced, the rest cut into wedges

-1tbsp vegetable oil {I used extra virgin olive oil}

-4tbsp Thai red curry paste {I was going to use 4tbsp of my chilli and tomato chutney, but I forgot to defrost it. Instead, I had to improvise a curry paste with about 2tbsp garam masala and water, I added water until it was thick and spoon-able, but not dry, more watery }

-200ml lighter coconut milk {this is half a can.}

-1/2 reduced-salt chicken stock cube, made up to 800ml

-80g Tenderstem broccoli, trimmed {I used a bit extra broccoli}

-80g mangetout 

-2 pak choi, quartered

-250g wholewheat noodles {My noodles weren't whole-wheat, they were just normal}

-2 spring onions, finely sliced 

-1 red chilli, finely sliced {I left this out}


Method:

1:Combine the turkey mince, ginger, coriander and lime zest in a mixing bowl. Roll into 16 balls and set aside on a tray. {I put these in the fridge to set for about half an hour, maybe a bit less. I just didn't want them to crumble or break apart when boiling}

2:Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry the curry paste for 2-3 mins until aromatic. Pour in the coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the meatballs and cook for 5 mins, {They should turn grey on the outside, like chicken goes white when cooked} then add the vegetables; simmer for 3-4 mins {Although, I aimed for 5mins, I reckon it was more like 10mins as I left the veg on to boil as I served up the rest of the meal} or until just tender.

3:Meanwhile, cook the noodles to pack instructions, {I put the noodles on to cook at the same time as the veg went into the other saucepan} then drain and briefly rinse under cold water. {not necessary to rinse} Season the broth with the lime juice, then divide the noodles between 4 bowls. Spoon over the broth, meatballs {4 each, if you made 16}  and vegetables and serve with the lime wedges, spring onions, chilli and extra coriander.

While you're here, I have a Pinterest for all my recipes where you can save them to boards for the future and categorise them into different types of recipe e.g Sunday Dinners, picnic ideas etc. My account is @hazellikestocook, or find the link below. Also, I have a whole blog post explaining this in more detail here and https://hazelscookingandbakingblog.blogspot.com/2021/02/pinterest.html. 
https://pin.it/5xDvARk - my profile

This recipe:

https://pin.it/4e2Mguj

Comments

Popular Posts