Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Sugar-Free Heart Biscuits - suitable for diabetics

Hi, these 'heart' biscuits didn't really work for me, instead they turned into vanilla rock cakes! The original recipe says you should be able to roll the dough, but as I couldn't I just spooned it onto my baking trays instead. I baked the batter in 2 batches, just so I could see how they were going to turn out, and in my second batch I added a drop of vanilla extract and about tsp of cinnamon to the batter as some additional spicing. The cinnamon ones were not covered in chocolate. Also, after trying one, they were definitely more like a rock-cake merged into a scone sort of thing and would have been nice with some butter on or jam. Although, if you choose to serve with jam, make sure it is a sugar free one, if you are catering for someone with diabetes. I made the cakes for a picnic with my grandparents as my grandad is a diabetic but I still wanted him to be able to enjoy a nice cake. I think that the cakes rose because of the baking powder in them and I reckon that because I used margarine the batter was a bit wetter than if I had used butter and that was why I couldn't roll it out. So, if you try this recipe let me know what ingredients you used and the results you got as i would be interested to see any differences in results! Enjoy!!

 

 

Dietary Info:

-Contains Dairy {You can use a non-dairy spread in place of the butter}

-Contains Gluten {I think any G-F flour would work in place of the plain flour except self-raising flours, so almond, oat ect.. should be fine}

-No Nuts

-Suitable for Vegetarians

-Unsuitable for Vegans {You can make them dairy-free and then use a chia egg in place of the actual egg, and if you can find a sugar free vegan chocolate bar, use that}

 
Ingredients:
-250g (9oz) plain white flour
-Three tbsps sugar free apricot jam {I used Tescos Sugar-Free Strawberry Jam}
-150g (5oz) butter {I used the I can't believe it's not butter spread}
-1tbsp baking powder
-1 egg
-1 large bar diabetic dark chocolate {I used Chocologic, and I used 1/3 of the bar to drizzle onto half of the biscuits}

Method:                                                                                                        1:Preheat your oven to 180℃/160℃ Fan/350℉/Gas 4. Beat your butter and sugar free apricot jam together in a large bowl. Then, beat your egg separately and mix in. Sieve your flour and baking powder into the bowl. Roll into a dough. {Mine was too runny/creamy to form a dough, even when I added extra flour so instead I blobbed a spoonful of the mixture onto a lined baking tray and baked them as rock cakes} Lightly dust a clean surface with flour and roll out to about one and a half cm thick.                                                                                                                    2:Cut into small heart shapes - or one large heart shape. Place on a lightly greased tray and bake in the centre of the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and leave to cool. Melt one or two squares of dark diabetic chocolate per heart and spread over each biscuit. Allow chocolate to harden. {I drizzled the chocolate over the top and had to pop them in the fridge to harden as it was a very warm day}

Comments

Popular Posts