Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Carrot and Coriander Soup

Hi, this recipe is from This Website and is really thick and spoonable as well as tasting amazing. As well as this, it is super quick and easy and has simple ingredients that lots of people have, all I needed was extra carrots! I was inspired to try this recipe because in my latest post {hara bhara veg kebabs} I used 3tbsp of coriander but to get that small amount of herb, I had brought a huge bag of coriander and the leftovers were just sitting in the fridge and starting to go off. So, after sorting through the coriander and throwing away the bits that were unusable, I decided that ,to use up the rest of this coriander, I would make a carrot and coriander soup. Now, I haven't had a full bowlful yet as I've frozen the soup straight away for another weeks tea but the bits I did try out of the saucepan were delicious. I hope you enjoy!

Dietary Info:
-Dairy-Free
-No Nuts
-Gluten-Free
-Unsuitable for Vegans {Fish sauce. However, substitutes are more widely available now}
-Unsuitable for Vegetarians {Fish sauce}

Nutrition information: {From original website}
Servings: 4
Serving size:298g

1 serving   
Average 100g
Energy 423 kJ 142 kJ
  101 Cal 34 Cal
Protein 2.8 g 0.9 g
Fat, total 3.7 g 1.2 g
- Saturated 0.6 g 0.2 g
Carbohydrate 10.1 g 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g 3.3 g
Sodium 186 mg 62 mg

Ingredients:
-4-5 carrots, peeled and chopped into chunks {I used 5 big carrots}
-1 onion, diced
-1tbsp olive oil {I used extra virgin}
-1tsp fish sauce
-2 cups vegetable stock, salt-reduced, if possible {1 cup =  235ml and 1/4 of my veg stock cube makes 112ml so 1 stock cube is the right amount of stock. But, because my carrots were quite large, I had to add more stock. Altogether, in my soup, I used 1 and 1/2 stock cubes}
-1tsp crushed ginger {I used ground ginger}
-1tsp crushed garlic {1 clove finely chopped}
-2tsp ground coriander
-1/2 bunch of fresh coriander leaves {About a handful}

Method:
1: In a medium pot, heat you olive oil and saute the onions for 5-8mins, or until soft.
2: Add in your ground coriander and stir for a further minute until aromatic.
3: Now, add your garlic and ginger. Stirring for another minute.
4: Add the chopped carrots and stock, then the fish sauce and simmer for 20mins, until the carrots are softened. {Season with salt and pepper}
5: Get a blender and blitz your carrot soup until you reach your desired consistency. When ready, add in your coriander and blitz for a few seconds just to break up the leaves or chop up before hand and stir through. Either serve or freeze/put in the fridge for another time. Enjoy. {If freezing make sure the soup has fully cooled before putting in the freezer}

Comments

Popular Posts