Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Nutella Buttercream

Hi, this recipe is super useful to have around and very easy for anyone to make. I used it to top off a few of my brownies with some biscuit crumbs on top as well {see recipe Here} and it was very nice. The Original Recipe was found on Pinterest but I have put a link to the webpage instead if you want to have a look. The recipe says it makes enough to ice 12 cupcakes generously. But, I halved the recipe and I reckon that if I had made the full recipe 12 cupcakes would have been a good estimate for how much icing it makes. I hope you try out this recipe and enjoy it!!

Dietary Info:
-Contains Nuts {You can substitute for a different chocolate spread that doesn't have nuts. It would work fine}
-Contains Dairy {A good idea, is using a plant-based milk or alternative and a dairy-free margarine/butter}
-Gluten-Free
-Suitable for Vegetarians
-Unsuitable for Vegans



Ingredients:
-1cup unsalted butter {200g} {Make sure it's soft!!}
-2cups icing sugar {150g-200g per cup}
-2/3cups Nutella {3 dessert spoons}
-1tsp vanilla extract {I ran out so I added in 1tsp maple syrup]
-2tbsp heavy whipping cream {In the comments, people had used milk as a substitute but I didn't put anything in as I was worried it would be too runny}

Method:
1: In a stand mixer a fixed with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and powdered sugar on low until well-blended. Add the Nutella and increase the speed to medium. Beat for two minutes. {If you don't have a fancy machine, like me, I used a potato masher to cream the unsalted butter and sugar together, I would normally use a spoon but I hadn't left my butter out for long enough and it was super hard, so I had to improvise. Then, just mix in the nutella with a wooden spoon}
2: Add the vanilla extract and salt and whip for an additional 30 seconds. {Or mix until combined}
3: Add the whipping cream and beat for about one minute, until the frosting lightens slightly in both colour and texture. {Or mix with a wooden spoon. I didn't do this step though as I felt that the extra liquid would make it too runny}

Comments

Popular Posts