Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Sweet Scotch-Egg

Hi, this recipe is off of an app called TikTok by the user @fitwaffle, she posts lots of yummy treat recipes weekly, so I suggest that, if you have the app, you go and check her out. She also has a YouTube channel that she posts recipes onto. I saw this particular video around Easter Time when Creme eggs were on sale but only decided to do it recently as a lockdown treat for my sister as she was really encouraging about trying out the recipe. Our corner shop, still sells creme eggs but in big supermarkets, you may struggle to find any. I would suggest either ordering some online, if you are desperate to try this recipe or waiting until they are back in stock. I hope you enjoy!!


The inside of the sweet scotch egg

Dietary Info:
-Contains Dairy {Brownies, creme egg and buttercream all contain milk}
-Contains Gluten {But you can always substitute for Gluten-Free Brownies}
-Contains Nuts {Substitute the nutella buttercream for your preferred flavour}
-Unsuitable for vegans {You can get Dark chocolate vegan creme eggs at Holland and Barrett shops now}
-Suitable for Vegetarians

Ingredients:
-2 brownies per creme egg {You can find my brownie recipe Here or you can buy them pre-made}  
-As many creme eggs as you would like scotch eggs {I did 1}
-Buttercream , flavour of your choice {You can find the Nutella Buttercream Recipe that I used Here. For 1 creme egg, I used about 1 dessert spoon of buttercream}
-Lotus Biscoff Biscuit Crumbs {I used 1 Rich Tea Biscuit and it seemed to do the job}

Method:
1: Prepare and gather all the ingredients. {Make sure you have baked/brought everything you need and it's ready and out in front of you for assembly}
2: Crumble up the brownies in a bowl. {I used 2 brownies per egg. My brownies were about 70g each so for one large scotch egg you will need roughly 140g of brownie. But, if it looks like too much or too little add a bit more or take some away}
3: Add the buttercream to the crumbs. Mix it in with your hands until a dough starts to form. Be careful when adding this as you can't easily take away too much buttercream but you can always add more to the mix.
4: Now, holding your creme egg. Fold and pat the brownie dough around until you have a thick crust covering the whole egg.
5: Roll your ball in some biscuit crumbs and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts