Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Cheese and Marmite palmiers

Hi, this recipe is inspired by my puff-pastry palmiers with pesto and cheese, that I made for my dad for father's day and since then I've made them a few more times. So, for a change, this time I decided to try them with the controversial cheese and marmite combo. My family love it, how about you? Are you a fan of marmite? I am afraid I don't have exact amounts but I will describe it to you as best I can and will improvise where needed. All I can say about pastry quantities is that I made one quantity of my puff pastry and then with this one batch made 8mini sausage rolls and 16mini croissants and so with what was left I made these to use it up.

Dietary Info:
-Contains Gluten {You can make a gluten-free version of the pastry by switching the plain flour to a gluten-free plain flour or you can buy a ready-made one}
-Contains Dairy {For the pastry, substitute the butter for a dairy-free one but try to find a block not margarine or purchase a Vegan ready-rolled puff pastry. Use a cheese substitute e.g nutritional yeast or your preference}
-No Nuts
-Suitable for Vegetarians
-Unsuitable for Vegans {Make it dairy-free, see ideas above}


Ingredients:
-Puff pastry
-Cheese
-Marmite

Method:
1: Preheat your oven to 180℃/160℃ fan/350℉/ Gas 4.
2: Roll out your pastry into a large rectangle, try to keep the sides and edges as straight as possible when doing this.
3: Now, spoon Marmite onto the pastry and spread it out to the edges. Add as much as you need, I think I did roughly 3 dessert spoons. But just keep going until the pastry is full.
4: Next, grate your cheese and sprinkle over the marmite pastry, going right to the edges.
5: Starting from the longer edge roll in towards the middle and stop before repeating from the other side. So, that you have 2 little cylinders that meet together in the middle.
6: If your pastry is a bit soft, pop this roll if the fridge for a bit to harden up. If not, cut your cylinder into 1cm-ish thick rolls and place swirl side up on a lined bakig tray.
7: Pop in the oven until golden, roughly 25-30mins.

Comments

Popular Posts