Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Mini Nutella Croissants

 Hi, this recipe is from 'The 30 best recipes Nutella Ferrero' recipe book. I got this book from one of my family members and it is full of lovely Nutella recipes that I can't wait to try out for my sister, she is obsessed with Nutella. I also made my own puff pastry as I have the time and like the challenge. You can find my recipe I use here:Puff Pastry Recipe. These were an end of term treat for my sister and would make great gifts that you could give away, to friends and family even when distanced, as they are transportable and can be placed in bags easily. Enjoy!!



Dietary Info:
-Contains Nuts {If allergic to nuts, subsitute for another spread of your choice e.g Jam, Honey, Marmite or a chocolate spread}
-Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free puff pastry or if making your own, use a gluten-free flour}
-Contains Dairy {There are Vegan Chocolate spreads available and you can use a lacto-free butter in your pastry or purchase a Vegan puff pastry sheet as these have no dairy in them}
-Unsuitable for Vegans {You can make it dairy-free, see above}
-Suitable for Vegetarians


Ingredients:
-230g read-rolled puff pastry {I made my own, the recipe is here-->Puff Pastry Recipe and it makes 600gish altogether so if you want less just half the recipe. To use all of my pastry, I made some extra little bites and things for the week. To make 16 croissants I used around 300g of my puff pastry}
-150g (1/2cup) Nutella {Instead I accidentally cut my pastry into 8 rectangles before realising I had to put Nutella on them so each rectangle had 1tsp of Nutella, which equals out to 1/2tsp per croissant and on average a tsp of Nutella is 15g so I used about 120g of Nutella}
-1 egg yolk, to glaze


Method:
1: Preheat the oven to 180℃/160℃ fan/350℉/ Gas 4
2: Unroll the pastry on the work surface. Spread with a thick layer of Nutella.
3: Cut the pastry into 16 equal sized triangles. {Cut into 8 rectangles and half them diagonally}Roll each edge onto itself, starting at a long edge to form a mini croissant. {I found this video helpful}
4: Brush with the egg yolk. {whisk the yolk in a glass first}
5: Bake for 20mins. {I put mine on a lined baking tray}

Comments

Popular Posts