Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Baked Oats

Hi, I found this recipe on YouTube YouTube Original Recipe Link here. It is the breakfast recipe so the first one she shows. It makes enough for 1 serving even if it looks like a lot, it is only 1 as it uses the 40g of oats to 150ml of milk like normal but if it's too much you can warm it up the next day. In the video, they eat the oats out the ovenproof dish but I didn't because I didn't want to accidentally burn myself. You can add toppings of your choice it is suggested that you top with peanut butter and chocolate but anything would do yogurt would be good or maybe dried fruit or nuts.I would make this again and it's very nice. Enjoy.....

Dietary Info:
-Contains Gluten {But you can buy gluten free oats now}
-Contains Dairy {Depending on the milk you use}
-No Nuts {Unless adding yourself}
-Vegan {If using Dairy-Free milk}
-Vegetarian/Pescatarian




Ingredients:
-40g oats {I used rolled oats}
-150ml milk of your choice {I used whole milk}
-20g of whey protein {I didn't use this}
-1tsp vanilla extract
-2 egg whites
-1/2tsp baking powder
-45g frozen berries {I used mixed berries}

Method: 
1: Preheat the oven to 200℃/180℃ fan/390℉/gas 6
2: Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
3: Now, pour the mixture into an oven proof tray and bake for 20-25mins.
4: Either eat straight out the dish or put in a bowl.

Comments

  1. This looks interesting because it looks a bit like a "breakfast crumble". I like making porridge (in the microwave) - just oats, milk & cinnamon, but the addition of egg whites, vanilla and baking powder looks as if it creates an interesting variant (though I'm not keen on eggs...).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, don't worry you can't taste the eggs, I think they're just there for binding. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts