Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Cloud Bread

Hi, I found this recipe here and it was very easy to achieve the right effect of a cloud. Although, it most 100% was not bread, it was a nice egg-y type snack/lunch meal to have. While I was watching the recipe video, someone had commented to make sure the egg was at room temperature before using, I'm not certain this was necessary but just in case I took mine out of the fridge about an 1hr before using. Also, if you don't have an electric whisk, I personally wouldn't recommend you try this recipe, as in the past before I had an electric whisk, I attempted various recipes that involved whipping eggs to stiff peaks and it always took so long with a hand held whisk and made my arm ache only for the eggs to go soft again after combining them with the other ingredients. The recipe, can be altered to be Dairy-free if substituting the yoghurt and I know that there are various recipes that Vegans use to substitute eggs but, as I'm not a Vegan, I don't know if they would be suitable for this type of thing. But, if you do try, let me know how it goes. Enjoy!!

Dietary Info:
-Contains Dairy {Yoghurt, but you can by special yoghurts now}
-No Nuts {If you wanted to add some on top, it would be a nice addition}
-Gluten Free {Be careful as some baking powders do have gluten in so just double check you're packet if you are gluten intolerant}
-Suitable for Vegetarians/Pescatarians
-Unsuitable for Vegans

Nutritional Information: {In the video they were using 0% fat Greek Yoghurt and I wasn't so I did some research to find the information for full-fat yoghurt as well}
Info from video:
-Calories: 176, in the entire recipe (30calories per bread)
-Fat: 10g
-Carbs: 1g
-Protein: 17g
If using normal full-fat Greek Yoghurt:
-Calories: 262, in the entire recipe (43calories per bread)
-Fat: 5.05g
-Carbs: 1.65g
-Protein: 26.6g


Makes 6 breads
Ingredients:
-2 eggs
-2tbsp Greek Yoghurt
-1/4tsp Baking Powder
-Pinch of Salt and Pepper
-Dried Thyme, to serve (optional)
 
Method:
1: Preheat the oven to 230°C/210°C fan {I have a fan oven but I put it at the normal temperature because I wanted them cooked a bit faster}/445°F/ Gas 8.
2: Separate the yolks and the whites into 2 bowls.
3: Add the yogurt to the yolks and whisk with a fork.
4: Add the baking powder to the whites and whisk, using an electric whisk, until you can get stiff peaks and it's fluffy. {You could use a non-electric whisk but it would take a lot longer, like we're talking 15-20mins}
5: Pour the yolk mixture into the egg whites and slowly fold in, trying not to knock the air out of the whites.
6: Also, add in the salt and pepper. { You can add any other seasoning that you would like here as well, but keep in mind, this tastes very omelette like so you may want to choose herbs and spices that go nicely with egg}
7: Spoon out 6 circles of the mixture onto a baking tray lined with baking paper/parchment. Bake in the hot oven for 12-15mins {Mine took 10mins, but keep in mind I did adjust the temperature a bit}
8: Serve with your choice of filling/topping or eat plain. {I served mine with dried thyme on top and a little salad on the side with a couple of gherkins}

Comments

Popular Posts