Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Pumkin, Gorgonzola and Watercress Lasagne

Hi, this recipe comes from a Guardian magazine and I'm not sure exactly which one as we've had the cutting for a while. The lasagne was really enjoyable and had a lovely, creamy blue cheese taste to it; yum! The original recipe, serves 4 but I only wanted it for 2 as my sister and dad aren't wild about blue cheese so, I made them a baked bean lasagne in half of the oven-proof dish (there was a tin-foil barrier). But, I did make a little extra squash so that I could give dad a bit of extra veg as he likes that. There was enough of the lasagne for seconds and if you weren't feeling hungry enough for that, I reckon it would keep in the fridge pretty well and it suitable for freezing. I hope you enjoy making this!..


Dietary Info:
-Contains Dairy
-Contains Gluten
-No Nuts
-Suitable for Vegetarians
-Unsuitable for Vegans


Ingredients:
-2kg pumpkin or squash, cut into wedges {I used 1.5kg}
-4 cloves garlic, skin on {I used 3 cloves}
-1tsp cinnamon {I kept this the same even though I was lowering other ingredients}
-1-2pinches dry chilli flakes (optional) {I added 1 fresh green chilli chopped up finely}
-Salt and black pepper
-A glug of extra virgin olive oil
-130g parmesan {I used 100g and an extra 1tbsp on top}
-10-12 dried lasagne sheets
-250g Gorgonzola dolce (Other blue cheeses work but not as well)
-2 bunches watercress {I used about a handful per layer}
-200ml cream {I used 100ml single cream}

Method:
1: Heat the oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan/ 355°F/ Gas 4. In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin/squash, garlic, cinnamon, chilli, salt, pepper, a glug of olive oil and a splash of water.
2: Place on a roasting tray , lined with parchment, and roast in the oven for 35-40mins, until the pumpkin/squash is as soft as room temperature butter. {It took about 50mins for me}
3: Scoop the flesh out of the skins. Add 100g grated parmesan and mix. {Make sure you mix it thoroughly and turn it into a kind of mash}
4: Layer your lasagne dish, starting with pasta sheets. {Don't start with the sheets as it takes longer and doesn't cook as well} Then, spread the pumpkin mix, followed by blobs of Gorgonzola, then scatter watercress. Continue to layer in this order twice more. Layer once more with pasta, pumpkin/squash and Gorgonzola; then pour over the cream.
5: Bake for 40mins. {Mine could've done with a bit longer maybe 45-50ish mins in a fan oven} Then, turn up the oven to its hottest temperature or heat the grill. Sprinkle the lasagne with the remaining Parmesan and grill or cook until the top is golden.

Comments

Popular Posts