Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Banana Oat Pancakes

Hi, this recipe if from a video off of Youtube; the link is below. It tasted really good and also the flavour reminiscent of banana bread. This recipe made 4 thick pancakes so me and mum had 2 each and were satisfied/full afterwards. I really enjoyed them and think that it was very easy. Also, the pancakes are actually quite healthy with the fruit and oats with the eggs as well and the spices are a good way of making food taste nice without added sugar. The to the original recipe is below. Enjoy......
Original Recipe

Dietary Info:
-Gluten-Free {check the oats as some are processed in the factories that also handle gluten and could be contaminated so if your allergy is severe make sure to check the packet}
-Dairy-Free {Does have eggs though}
-No Nuts {You could choose to add them}
-Vegetarian/Pescatarian
-Not Vegan


Ingredients:
-75g oats {I used quaker rolled oats}
-2 large eggs {Mine were more of medium-ish size}
-1 banana
-cinnamon {I also added mixed spice and ginger}
-Oil, for frying {I used extra virgin olive oil, probably about 1tbsp for 2 pancakes and after doing two refill with another bit of oil and repeat}

Method: 
1: Heat the oil in a frying pan. {I used a small frying pan over a medium heat}

2: Blend all ingredients in a blender/food processor. {I prepared this the night before because I didn't think anyone would appreciate me blending early in the morning. This meant that this was my 1st step rather than heating the oil as it wouldn't work with the oil heating all night. }

3: Pour mixture into the frying pan {If taking out of the fridge give a little stir before hand to loosen it up.} When you see little air bubbles forming,  flip the pancakes. {TIP: while they are frying, shake the frying pan so that they don't stick}
4: Place on a plate and serve with your favourite toppings. {I had Greek Yogurt and frozen berries and my mum maple syrup}

Comments

Popular Posts