Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Shami Kebabs and Mint Chutney Plus Spinach Knishe Recipes


Ingredients:
-90g/3+1/4oz Chana Dal, {A split chickpea}, soaked in cold water for about an hour 
-2 medium onions, roughly chopped
-8 garlic cloves {roughly chopped doesn't have to too small because you will blend it}
-60g/2+1/4oz fresh root ginger, roughly chopped {Peel it first}
-2tbsp ghee or vegetable oil {I would've used vegetable oil but I ran out so I used extra virgin olive oil}
-500g/1lb 2oz lamb mince
-1tsp salt {I used table salt}
-3 fresh green chillies, roughly chopped
-Handful of coriander leaves, chopped
-1tsp garam masala
-1/2tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
-1/2tsp black cumin (shahi zeera) or regular cumin seeds {I used ground cumin}
-1 lime, juice only {You can juice it without a juicer by using a fork and kind of moving it around the inside or just squeezing it but you won't get all the juice out by doing this though}
-1 free-range egg, lightly beaten {It doesn't have to be free-range.}
-about 2tbsp plain flour, to bind {I ended up using 3tbsp}
-vegetable oil, for shallow-frying {I used extra-virgin olive oil}
                For the filling:
                -1 medium red onion, finely chopped
                -1 lime, juice only
                -1 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
                -Handful of mint leaves, finely shredded
                -1/4tsp sugar
                -1/4tsp salt
                    To serve:
                    -2 limes, cut into 1/4's {I didn't do this}
                    -1 red onion, cut into rings {I didn't do this either}

                    -5tbsp green chutney (available at Asian supermarkets) {I made my own}

                    Comments

                    Popular Posts