Skip to main content

Featured

Full English Breakfast

Hi, this recipe is my own and serves one, but can easily be scaled up for more! I have previously made an Easy full english and a Vegan full english , if you want to have a look at those too.  This was much faster to make than I had anticipated and everything came together at the just right time, which is always a bit of a worry with having so many pans on the go at once (and things under the grill too!). You can change up how you cook the egg (I did scrambled) but some other options are poached, boiled, fried or even baked eggs (think Shakshuka-style).  Traditionally, you may also have fried bread, fried or grilled tomatoes and black pudding, so feel free to add those too. And, is usually served with a nice cup of tea. Enjoy! Hazel  Dietary Info: -Unsuitable for Vegans {Use my vegan full english recipe and add vegan sausages to it, if desired.} -Unsuitable for Vegetarians {See above.} -Contains Dairy {Use a dairy-free butter or spread.} -Contains Gluten {Use a gluten-free bread for

Oil-Free Fruit'n'nut Granola

Hi, I found this recipe on YouTube by Maddie Lymburner aka Madfit and decided that I had to try it. It was very nice and can easily be adapted to fit you preferences/needs and it surprisingly easy to make. I had mine with some frozen berries which turned the milk a light pink which was quite exciting. It says 2-3servings but if you follow serving suggestions you should have 45g of granola per portion but when I measured it out with this it wasn't very much as the dried fruit is quite heavy so have as much as you need to give you sufficient energy. Enjoy!!
Here is the YouTube link: Granola Recipe Video
Here is the blog link: Blog Link

Dietary Info:
-May contain Gluten {Depends on the oats you use}
-Dairy-Free {Unless you choose to include it}
-Contains Nuts {Or not if you choose not to include it}
-Vegan
-Vegetarian/Pescatarian
-Breakfast
-1 of your 5-a-day





Ingredients:
(Makes 2-3 servings)
{I also added some goji berries for a sweeter taste}
-1 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten free oats if gluten free) {55g}
-1/4 cup chopped walnuts {I used 20g of Brazil Nuts}
-1/4 cup pumpkin seeds {I used 20g Cashews}
-1/3 cup raisins {40g}
-1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes {I added 1 apples worth of dried apple rings recipe here}
-1/4 tsp cinnamon
-1/4-1/2 tsp salt
-3 tbsp maple syrup
 Toppings:
-fresh/frozen fruit of your choice {I used frozen winter berries}
-plant milk {I used normal whole fat milk}

Method:
1:In a non-stick pan over medium heat, add 1 cup rolled oats. Toss for 3-5 minutes until oats are slightly toasted and fragrant.{Mine toasted very quickly on our hottest gas ring so maybe try a lower ring when you do it}
2:Add walnuts, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and salt. Stir until everything is well combined. Toss for another 3 minutes. {I accidentally added the raisins at this point but it was fine but as my hob was warmer, it only needed to be stirred for another 1-2mins}
3:Turn the heat down to low and add the maple syrup. Toss until everything is well coated. Cook while stirring continuously until the maple syrup has dried out (approx. 3-5 minutes). {My syrup started bubbling so I quickly removed it from the heat and stirred it in there}
4:Remove from heat, and add raisins and coconut flakes {And any other dried fruit you prefer/want}. Serve with fresh fruit and a splash of plant milk.
5:Store extras in an air tight container for up to 1 month.

Comments

Popular Posts